The Greenville Transit Authority (GTA) has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), 49 CFR Part 26. GTA has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, GTA has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of GTA to ensure that DBEs, as defined in Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in USDOT–assisted contracts. It is also our policy:
1) To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of USDOT – assisted contracts;
2) To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for USDOT-assisted contracts;
3) To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
4) To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
5) To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in USDOT assisted contracts;
6) To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
GTA’s overall DBE goal for FY16-18 is 2.00% of the federal financial assistance we will expend in USDOT assisted contracts exclusive of FTA funds to be used for the purchase of transit vehicles.
The Transit Planner has been delegated as the DBE Liaison Officer. In that capacity, the Transit Planner is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by GTA in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation.
If you have any questions or would like further information regarding the DBE program, please contact:
100 W. McBee Avenue
Greenville, SC 29601
(864) 298-2753 firstname.lastname@example.org